What does your project look like?
Please fill out this form to help us find the best specialist for your project
How do you know when testing is right for you?
- You're planning on working with translators in this language pair and subject area on a long-term basis (perhaps you're developing a new business area).
- You are looking for the best quality possible for your client (or yourself).
- The subject area is uncommon or complicated.
- The project is large and requires more than one week of work.
How does translator testing in Smartcat work?
- You create a custom test (up to 250 words in a Word doc).
- Translators complete their tests directly in Smartcat, so they can get familiar (if they aren’t already) with the CAT tool that they will be using to complete your projects.
- Confirm the results of each test, which can take up to 3 days. You will be able to read translators' comments within the document, check their tests, and score them in real-time.
- Translators who complete tests will earn a special badge on their profile, indicating their expertise in that subject area/language pair.
How much does this cost?
See pricing plans
In addition, you’ll be charged the regular marketplace rate and fee. We support credit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal. Any questions? Let us know at