My name is Nadine and I am a native German delivering professional translations as well as proofreading and copy writing services in a variety of fields. I have been working as a freelance translator and proofreader for more than five years and I am available for translations from English and Spanish into German, software and website localizations as well as proofreading/editing and content creation (in German only).
My areas of expertise include:
- legal and business, incl. whitepapers, business reports and ISO documents
- medical and healt related topics
- academic writing and proofreading/editing with a focus on social sciences and economics
- lifestyle and entertainment related topics
- IT contents; software, app and game localizations
- linguistic testing
- project management and QA for translation and content production projects
I am able to process a variety of file types, large volumes and extensive glossaries.
I have two degrees in translation, a "Diplom" from the Johannes-Gutenberg University in Germany and an MSc in Translation and Interpreting from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Furthermore, I have been translating for more than 10 years and have worked in a wide array of fields - in the past 5 years I have mainly dealt with pharmaceutical research texts, but continue to translate all sorts of text, including contracts, certificates, degrees and many more.
I am a native German speaker with a degree in Romance Languages and Economics and my passion is languages. In addition to Spanish and Portuguese, which I specialized in my studies, and where I master the Latin American as well as the European variants, I speak English and I have basic knowledge in French.
I have always felt very comfortable in an international environment and my affinity for other cultures is reflected in my language skills. Furthermore, I was able to pursue this passion in my various stays abroad.
Both, in the economics area, through my studies in Business Administration, and in the legal field, through my apprenticeship as a paralegal, I have the essential understanding to undertake these various types of translation. In addition, my interests and skills cover further areas like, inter alia, education, social and cultural sciences, tourism, literature, journalism, communication and environment. As a qualified linguist I have the appropriate knowledge of the linguistic disciplines and the necessary stylistic skills to apply them to my languages.
I am a conscientious, self-motivated person, which allows me to work responsibly, with a keen eye for detail and I have the enthusiasm and determination to ensure that I make a success of it.
I am an official translator registered with the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the language pair German-Spanish, a German National, resident of Medellín for the past 7 years. Having cofounded a language services provider, worked as a language teacher and translator, as well as university professor for intercultural managament and volunteer in intercultural education, I have very solid linguistical skills, as well as a broad overview of many fields of study and strong investigative and research habits.
• German & English philology
• freelance journalist for print media and radio stations
• copywriter (marketing & public relations)
• translator (English & Spanish to German)
• certified coach & trainer
• more than 20 years' experience in voice over (news, stories, spots etc.)
Are you looking for a reliable, experienced freelancer who appreciates clear communication, keeps to an agreement and delivers on time? Then don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
Sie suchen einen zuverlässigen, erfahrenen Freiberufler, der klare Kommunikation schätzt, pünktlich liefert und die Einhaltung von Absprachen für selbstverständlich erachtet? Dann würde ich mich freuen, mit Ihnen ins Gespräch zu kommen!
I am a sworn translator with technical specializations (see above) and some other fields like economical and law translations (contracts, instruments). A second point is interpreting (police, customs, tribunals, private persons, registry offices).
These are the points of top interest:
- longer experience with CAT-Tools (actually Studio 2017)
- project management with colleagues and companies
- technical translations for the specializations above indicated including terminology projects (as german native speakter, but also in the other directions in cooperation with native speakers of other languages). The base technical of these projects is my bureau, the intellectual base the knowledge of natural-scientific and technical bases, and their application to the technical jargon. The constitution of technical terminology also requires the same bases
- necessary net of colleagues as native speakers of other languages
- The translation bureau for the introduction of technical writing.