Индивидуальный предприниматель. Занимаюсь оказанием услуг по переводу немецкой документации в обоих направлениях, созданием и технической поддержкой веб-сайтов. Всегда стараюсь брать лишь столько работы, сколько могу выполнить в срок. В связи с этим Вы получите материал нормального качества и точно в срок, а то и ранее. Актуальное местоположение - Россия, ЮФО
Highly educated and well-read individual with in-depth knowledge in a variety of fields. Perfectly bi-lingual in Russian & German since my early childhood, with excellent proficiency in English. Language enthusiast and autodidactic learning talent with an academic background in linguistics. Easy to approach and communicate with, always taking a keen interest in customer’s products and success. Able to work with people from all cultural, personal and geographical backgrounds.
Constantly improving professional skills & educational level. Worked with a large number of clients, companies and translation agencies. Wrote translations for names such as Microsoft, Siemens, 3D Systems, and more.
I am a sworn translator in Germany and am native in both German and Russian. I have studied Translation Studies in Heidelberg (Germany) and International Relations in Budapest (Hungary). My specializations stem from practical work experience either as a freelancer in translation, or as an employee in the branch. In any case don't hesitate to ask me about my CV and I will be happy to forward it to you, so you get to know more about me as a professional in the translation business.
- Excellent communication skills acquired during the last 20 years as a freelancer
Organisational / managerial skills
- Outstanding organisational / managerial skills gained as the managing director of my own translation agency and my export company
- Professional language skills acquired during more than 20 years as a self-employed translator/interpreter for various clients in all kinds of trades
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
Закончил дипломатическую гимназию при посольстве ФРГ, свободно владею немецким (родной) и английским. Имею опыт технического и юридического перевода. В настоящий момент являюсь сотрудником дирекции перевода при отделе международного сотрудничества Роскосмоса. Учусь на 3 курсе международно-правового факультета МГИМО.
Born 1972 in Aurich, Germany.
Married, a bilingual son (born in 1996).
1992-1998 University of Groningen / Netherlands:
Scandinavian languages and cultures / Swedish
Slavic languages and literature / Russian
General linguistics and Translation studies
1998-2005 Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), The Hague / Netherlands:
and Institute of the Peoples of the North, St Petersburg:
- The difference between translation, localization and transcreation
- Language Contact / Multilingual childhood education
Freelance translator and interpreter
- Since 1998 freelance translator for agencies in Europe/America/Asia
- Since 1999 sworn translator and interpreter authorized by Lower Saxony (Germany) for German, English, Dutch, Swedish, Russian
German (native), English, Dutch, Swedish, Russian (fluent)
French, Spanish (good-very good)
Carreer and professional attitude
- I studied Russian and English philology, literature and linguistics because languages have always been a passion of mine. For 5 years, I worked in-house with a translation company.
I am certified for the Russian language, and I can also offer certified translations for the English language, as I work in a team with a colleague who is certified for English. We review each other's work.
- Although my experience adds up to 10 years now, I acknowledge that there is always something new to learn and to check in more detail in order to render a translation even more accurate. Especially with more literary texts, I like to engross in the details that constitute the unique tone and style of the author. Due to my background in literary studies and journalism, I also welcome the opportunity to do literary translations, and this actually is the main area I want to develop actively.
- Last but not least, I think it is important to bear in mind that I am dealing not with texts, but with people. Client satisfaction is my main focus, and apart from quality results and reliability, my clients also cherish our fast, clear and pleasant communication and my availability in case of any questions and requests.
I have translated in:
- in the field of COMMERCIAL and COMPANIES LAW;
- legal documents connected to court and arbitrage proceedings (civil, criminal, administrative matters) and dispute resolution;
- intellectual property rights (trademarks, patents)
- labour law, esp. work safety and compliance, labour disputes
BANKING & FINANCE:
- financing agreements (investments, M&A, share purchase, servitude, international banks, etc.)
- documents issued by foreign authorities, project documentation in construction / civil engineering
- legislative and statutory texts, company by-laws, bank-internal normative acts
- wills, certificates, register extracts
Annual and financial reports, presentations, internal documentation, tender documentation, client and B2B communication, company job descriptions and job ads
- website contents, brochures, client communications, product launches etc. for various companies, including health sector, design and construction, esp. shopfitting, music industry, mechanical and household equipment, power generation, logistics.
I studied at Mannheim University, English and Russian philology, literature and linguistics. During my student years, I worked intern with the International film festival Mannheim-Heidelberg, and as a freelance journalist for a regional lifestyle magazine based in Mannheim.
From 2005 to 2011 I lived and worked in Moscow, starting out as language tutor (English and German), and soon focused on translations.
After some years, life in the metropole had become too turbulent and stressful, and I looked for a quieter - and, yes, cleaner - place to live. So since 2012 I have been living with my familiy in Germany, in cosy Schriesheim (on the German Bergstrasse).