As a result driven, self-motivated and resourceful translator/project manager/localization project manager, my tenacious and proactive approach resulted in successfully completing numerous translation and localization projects in different fields. My oriented and vigorous professional attitude has been confirmed by positive recommendations from project managers, direct clients, colleagues in which they underline my expertise, consistency, flexibility, excellent organization, respect of deadlines, high quality. This systematical and professional attitude lead me to develop also excellent communication skills and a commercial approach which has helped me to adapt a refined approach of solving all sorts of problems and developing business in professional and efficient manner.
15 years of experience in educational publishing, in different fields of translation. For the last 5 years, I managed an online language learning platform and have a huge interest for all kinds of Internet content and growing understanding of requirements for an efficient online presence. As a full-time freelance translator now, I'm able to completely dedicate myself to each project.
I am native Croatian freelance translator, self-employed at company Preserved Time Ltd, based and registered in Croatia.
My greatest strength is combination of rich in-house and freelance translation experience (20+ years) covering various fields and equally considerable practical business and marketing management experience in the international business environment.
I was working as Brand, Product, Sales and Marketing Manager for Croatian market for HP, Epson, Toshiba, Lexmark, Uni-Ball Japan, Fabriano Italy etc.
I hold the degree Master of Economics in international business and commerce.
Specialized for business/commerce, finance, marketing, business contracts, business presentations, invest.studies, business reports, EU legislation,
machine operat. manuals, software.,/app.transl,, pharmaceutical, IT., web pages, paper ind., food ind. etc. (please see CV)
Deeper insight to my skills with recommendations from clients on my proz.com profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1898441
Bachelor of Science, Economics, majored in Empirical Analyses, but worked mainly as a manager and a chief accountant in startups. Experience in international finance and trade. Technical, legal and marketing translations. languages as the second most prominent talent, IT as the third, which makes perfect mixture for a modern translator. Business background enables me to be proactive and to understand what the client really needs. IT makes me able to handle it all. Translated my first book at 23 and have translated on and off ever since.
I am a native Croatian, graduated in Italian and Croatian language and literature and I've also studied English for 9 years. I have more than 10 years of experience in translating and proofreading. I am well-organized, punctual and very responsible. I don't use Google translator or any of online dictionaries so if you choose to hire me, I promise high quality work!
I am a Croatian and Italian teacher with experience in translation of documents and websites. I am looking to put my translation skills to use. Please feel free to contact me if you are looking for a high-quality translation of any web content, blog, book, documents, emails etc. Please keep in mind that I do not translate legal documents.
I have a master degree in italian language and literature and also a master degree in history. I have been doing translations from english to italian, italian to croatian and croatian to italian since 2013.
Sono una traduttrice indipendente di madrelingua francese e croata specializzata in servizi linguistici in settori aziendali e commerciali.
Propongo servizi linguistici di traduzione, interpretazione transcreazione, localizzazione e comunicazione. Sono specializzata in vari settori commerciali ed aziendali sopratutto nella comunicazione amministrativa e contabile per l'industria dei prodotti e servizi.
Oltre ad una specialistica in traduzione ed insegnamento del francese e dello spagnolo, ho maturato dal 2014 una solida esperienza professionale in vare aziende in Italia, Croazia e Monaco Monte-Carlo. Per merito del mio ottimo senso dell'organizzazione, la mia flessibilità e autogestione, svolgo un lavoro di precisione e qualità per garantire sempre il perseguimento degli obiettivi stabiliti ed il rispetto delle scadenze. Unisco al mio spirito di iniziativa ottime capacita di adeguamento ad ambienti multiculturali, serietà ed etica professionale per intraprendere con il cliente un ra
Native language(s): Italian and Croatian (bilingual)
Working languages: English, Italian, Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian, Portuguese, Spanish, French
Specializations: Translation, Proofreading, Editing, Transcription
- Legal (Contracts, Patents, Certificates, Court Documents)
- Business (General, Marketing, Annual Reports, Financial)
- Medical (Clinical Trials, Labels, Medical Reports)
- Technical (Engineering, Electronics, Automotive, Marine, Software, IT)
- Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science)
- Media (Advertising, Subtitling, Correspondence, Entertainment, Photography)
- Culture, Music and Art
Capacity: Translation: 3000 words per day; Proofreading/Editing: 7000 words per day
- Twenty years of experience with translation, proofreading, editing, interpretation, subtitling and quality management; sixteen years working as Freelance Translator
- Daily projects for several dozens of clients in Europe, U.S., South America, Australia and South Africa
- Ongoing collaboration with the European Parliament and European Commission in Brussels – target languages: CROATIAN, ENGLISH, ITALIAN
- Ongoing collaboration with the US Department of the Interior
- Project Manager for Targem Translations and Publications (New York, USA) since 2014
- Extensive time living in Italy, UK, USA, France, Spain and Portugal, deep and varied knowledge of regional, cultural and language differences.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, grammar, punctuation, quality element, formatting and client specifications on every job; exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Unconditional respect of deadlines, accuracy and high-quality work
- Freelance translator and interpreter since 1999 (ongoing)
- August 2014 - January 2016: Project Manager for Targem Translations, New York, U.S.
- 2010 – Creator and Head of the English Learning Project “English in Music”, adopted by the Italian Ministry of Public Education and implemented in the entire territory of the Republic of Italy (ongoing)
- 2008-2010 – Head of Public Relations / Foreign Affairs, Alternative Way Art, Italy
- 2008-2010 – Head of Foreign Affairs, Barito Srl, Italy
- 2011, PhD in Translation Studies, University of Bologna, Italy
- 2004, MSc in Comparative Literature, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 2001, BA in Language and Civilization Studies (English, Portuguese), University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 2000, MA in Piano Performance and Piano Didactics, University of Zagreb, Croatia - University of Aveiro, Portugal
Society Dante Alighieri, Rome, Italy – Translation specialization IT>ENG>CRO (2007)
Portlingua - Association of Translators and Interpreters, Lisbon, Portugal – Translation specialization PORT>ENG>IT>CRO (2000)
British Council, London, UK – English culture and language courses, member since 1995
Ongoing collaborations (selection):
US Department of the Interior, European Parliament (Brussels), Tampa Bay Translations USA, Targem Translations USA, DKP Image+Media USA, CTS Language Link USA, Professional Translations Inc. UK, European Parliament Brussels/Strasbourg, European Commission in Brussels, Amidas d.o.o. Slovenia, SW19 Translations London UK, Global Translators UK, Dynamic Translations di Elisa Campana IT, The World Bank Organization, Cuttingedge Translations UK, Best Quality Translations New York, All Languages Services New Delhi, Parliament of the Republic of Croatia, Enrico Honnorat Translations South Africa, Croatian Writers' Association, Croatian Composers' Society, International Music Institute, Cultural Association A. Toscanini Italy, Alternative Way Art Italy, Barito S.R.L. Italy, Travel Agency Terra Sancta, Croatian Institute of Vehicles, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, International Organ Festival Gospic, International Music Festival Gospic, Erasmus Editions, European Congress of Authors and Composers, British Council Association, LearningEnglish.com
- Proficient in all MS Office and Adobe applications and other key programs including Photoshop, Word, Excel, PDF and Quark
- Proficient in Trados (SDL Trados 2014)
- Proficient in Translators Workspace
- Proficient in SmartCAT
- Comfortable with Wordfast
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities with the above programs including formatting and compatibility issues
I am a graduate translation student, currently writing my MA theses, working as a trainee technical writer at AVL and looking for freelance opportunities.
I have spent a semester studying at York University (Toronto, Canada) and a year on a scholarship at Westminster School (Simsbury, CT, USA).
I have professional experience translating technical documentation (automotive industry, mechanical engineering and textile industry). As part of my coursework, I have also compiled glossaries and translated texts related to popular psychology, humanities, art history, archaeology, architecture and medicine, as well as subtitled sitcoms and documentaries.
My other skills include editing, proofreading, research, transcription. The tools I have worked with are Memsource, Trados, Subtitle Workshop, JIRA, Confluence and LaTex.
My language combinations are EN-HR, IT-HR, HR-EN and IT-EN.
Born and raised in Croatia, lived in Italy and currently in France. I speak Croatian, English, French and Italian language. I am a political scientist, international business negotiator in three languages and former debate coach. Great fan of languages and intercultural studies. Mother of two boys.
Higly dynamic and quickly adaptable person to hire. With my vast array of experiances and skills in the set bringing me to the table would be a smart business move. Stepping from the boundaries of translation, I can offer my help in form of advices , tailored plans and counseling regarding the problems youre facing in the buisness world.
As a native speaker of Croatian I fell in love with languages in early childhood. Because of that I studied Italian language and literature and Croatian language and literature at the University of Split. I am also very fluent in English which proves my International Certificate in advanced English.
Immediately after graduation I've started working in Department of Culture at a Municipality of City of Split. I worked on various European projects where I had to make numerous translations on a daily basis. Despite my full time job I've worked at home doing translations and giving instructions from languages to elementary and high school children.
I specialize in translation in the following areas: Art and literature;Business documents, such as proposals, marketing and sales material, commerce documents, periodicals, newsletters, magazines, advertisements, PR Materials;Personal documents such as resumes, references certificates,etc.;Travel and leisure