Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
Based on 0 reviews
4 441 words6 projects
The linguist has passed a test conducted by a Smartcat customer
I'm a native German speaker (bilingual DE/EN) from Switzerland, based in Southeast Asia.
My professional background is in banking, fashion, and luxury travel. I have been translating a wide range of legal documents, financial reports, website content, marketing material, travel itineraries, etc. for almost 2 decades. In early 2017 I have transitioned to working as a full-time freelancer.
If your project requires translation (general, financial, legal, technical, medical), proofreading or editing (grammar, syntax, flow, voice, style), it will be in good hands with me. My clients receive regular updates while I work on a task and I am determined to keep deadlines as agreed.
Many of my clients hire me on a repeat basis, however, I'm also open to one-time assignments and flexible in terms of scope and subject matter.
Please message me if you would like to work with me. Thank you!
Editing and translation of software manuals (in particular IT/Software) (German-English and also English-German)
Maintenance of web pages as well as product documents (constuction industry, travel enterprises)
Editing and translation of marketing documents (IT/Software, travel businesses)
I am Cedric, a self-motivated, enthusiastic, optimistic, internet savy, and workaholic freelancer. I love to work even if it comes up with a great challenge.
I do offer multilingual translation as well as transcripting service since 2013. Each translation and content will be processed by me, no translation software or any indian company.
I specialize in:
English> German> English
English> Russian> English
(I´m living in Germany, have been born here, my parents are from Russia and I got a certification from the Cambridge university for my skills in English)
Accuracy, customer satisfaction and timely delivery will always be the priority. So just assign me and relax! :)
Lastly, I want to greet you for reading about me!
With kind regards,
I have been working as a freelancer since the early 2000s. I used to work for a German music magazine, conducting interviews in English and writing them up in German. Additionally, I have published my own work in arts magazines. I studied Creative Writing in the UK while working full-time in the UK for a walking tour guide company. I am currently writing short fiction for my own pleasure, while studying Japanese and doing an MA in Japanese and Asian Culture with the focus on Japanese History. I am punctual and reliable.
I am a graduate of social sciences with a major in political sciences and minors in sociology and psychology. While a student I started being a freelancer, at first in fields related to SEO and natural language processing, and then progressively moved towards translation and subtitling, which I am dedicated to the last few years. I have solid experience in the travel and hospitality sector, website and game localization, as well as subtitling (TV-series, feature films, documentaries, sports commentaries).
I am a professional translator in German, Spanish and English. I graduated from university in 2011 and have been working as a freelance translator and as a translator for a Chilean University in part-time.
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
I'm a dedicated German translator with a background in business and marketing who has 2 years of experience as a freelance translator and 5 years of professional experience in in-house roles in the language service industry. I have an eye for detail, a strong sense of customer service, and thorough knowledge of marketing (both B2B and B2C). In the past, I have completed various translation and localization assignments, including web and video content, marketing materials, and business correspondence from English into German and vice versa. As I am fascinated by the intersection of languages and entrepreneurship, my goal is to use my language skills to help businesses reach a global audience.