As a freelance translator with educational background in IT and physics, I can offer translations specifically in those areas. I've been working as a freelance translator for about two years now and I was able to gather experience in post-MT translation, translation and subtitling. As an active gamer and musician, I am also interested in jobs concerning those areas.
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
Editing and translation of software manuals (in particular IT/Software) (German-English and also English-German)
Maintenance of web pages as well as product documents (constuction industry, travel enterprises)
Editing and translation of marketing documents (IT/Software, travel businesses)
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Lincoln
Professional translator with experience in management, HR, training & development, corporate governance and tourism.
Translation: Subject Specialisms - Business and Commercial, Management, Marketing and Tourism/Hotel/Travel
Post Editing: Subject Specialisms - Tourism/Hotel/Travel
I am Cedric, a self-motivated, enthusiastic, optimistic, internet savy, and workaholic freelancer. I love to work even if it comes up with a great challenge.
I do offer multilingual translation as well as transcripting service since 2013. Each translation and content will be processed by me, no translation software or any indian company.
I specialize in:
English> German> English
English> Russian> English
(I´m living in Germany, have been born here, my parents are from Russia and I got a certification from the Cambridge university for my skills in English)
Accuracy, customer satisfaction and timely delivery will always be the priority. So just assign me and relax! :)
Lastly, I want to greet you for reading about me!
With kind regards,
Hi! I'm a German translator and writer. I've published some fiction books in German and English, and have translated more than a hundred video games so far. I also translate movie subtitles, books, websites, and other texts. Feel free to contact me!
In a translation spanning 15 years, I have had the privilege of producing compelling creative German copy for prestigious Fortune 100 clients from the IT, finance, manufacturing, retail, and entertainment industries.
Assignments have featured the full gamut across digital, print, and audiovisual.
professional, quick and uncomplicated
I offer high-quality translation services from English to German. I have a Master's degree in Economics with three years of work experience in Finance.
Fields of Knowledge:
- General Economics
- IT and technology related topics