United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Manchester
Certified in English into Spanish translation by the ATA and ITI (MITI). Diploma in Translation (Master degree level), specialisation in Business and Law. If you need to translate a document from English into Spanish, or transcribe/translate a Spanish audio/video, then you have arrived at the right place!
I understand it can be quite difficult to trust a person that you don't know (yet) to translate the original message accurately, especially if you don't speak the target language. That's why it's important that you know firsthand that the translations I produce are of the highest quality, accuracy and are grammatically correct.
If you need to double check translations made by other professionals, I also provide editing/proofreading services. I'll make sure that the translation is not only correct and accurate, but that it also flows naturally. I can also proofread your Spanish texts and make sure they are error-free.
Native Spanish speaker, born in Colombia and living in Venezuela
Wide experience in general translations, I use CAT software and perform 100% human translations too, also proofread my translations in order to keep the flow, sense and meaning of the original text.
Please see my profiles:
https://www.tm-town.com/translators/absalonguzman7305 (Professional Member) http://www.translationdirectory.com/translators/english_spanish/absalon_guzman.php
Also volunteer translator for the The Rosetta Foundation: www.trommons.org and HealthTap https://www.healthtap.com/translate
I am a freelance translator with a M.A. degree in Translation and Interpreting and I am looking for freelance assignments.
I am specialized in Humanities (general, journalistic, literary) and Technical fields (industrial engineering, clean technology, environmental, automotive, lubricants), but also worked on legal and economic texts.
Thanks to my postgraduate training on proofreading and editing, I care deeply about the grammar, orthography, and style of my target texts.
I assure you that you will get a most professional and satisfying result.
I am a former professor with extensive experience translating, as a native Spanish speaker I translate from English into Spanish and from Spanish into English. For the past six years I have worked for different companies, agencies and end clients. Here are a few reasons why I think I would be a good fit this job;
• I have six years of experience translating. My background gives me the necessary tools to understand and translate the content of subtitles, audio transcripts, websites and documents.
• I have a Degree in Education as an English Teacher (English-Spanish). I know languages from within and understand how to give the best readability to the end result.
• I am Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs, Good command of photo editing and In Design, proficient with TRADOS 2015, Word Fast, Smart Cat and Memoq.
• I have worked on different areas such as: education, technology, medicine, religion, music, history, legal, military, entry data and products localization.
• My work always includes collaboration with professional proofreader to guarantee that the translation is accurate.
I would love to talk with you more about the freelance opportunity as I feel that my skills and background would be an excellent fit for your needs. I would be immediately available to work after your approval.
Since 2006 Freelance translator, localiser and proofreader based in Spain
English-Spanish / French- Spanish Translator, Localiser and Proofreader
2008 – 2009 Soundub
Language Specialist and Documentary Recording Supervisor
Member of the team responsible for monitoring the dubbing of documentary films into Spanish at Soundub dubbing studio (www.soundub.com) in Madrid.
2005 – 2006 Stella-die KommunikationsFabrik translation agency,
Translation of technical documentation using Computer Assisted Translation tools and Translation Memories; terminology research and glossary production.
February - May 2003 Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance
Translation of training materials, internal communications and documentation on quality management system certificates and ISO standards.
MAIN END-CUSTOMERS AND PROJECTS AS A FREELANCER
• Software, videogame, user interface, online help and documentation localisation: Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Dell, HP, NetApp, EMC, Cisco, Epicor, ABBYY, Kaspersky, Alawar, Gaijin Entertainment, SmartGames, Hamstersoft, etc;
• Sports: (English-Spanish) Translation of football related contents for FIFA Spanish Web site (es.fifa.com); (English-Spanish) translation of regulations and football-related legal documents; (French-Spanish) translation of audiovisual materials for PSG TV;
• Legal: End-user license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, purchase contracts, birth and marriage certificates, meeting minutes, memorandums, regulations, etc;
• Audiovisual: Translation of audiovisual contents for several dubbing studios, with end-customers such as National Geographic Channel;
• Industrial: Spanish National Energy Commission, Schneider Electric, Mori Seiki, Domnick Hunter, Volvo, Amadeus, Mobil, Hitachi, Toshiba, etc;
• Other: Translation and proofreading of all the written material and documentation for the seminar "Trazando mapas narrativos de conversaciones terapéuticas" (practices of narrative therapy) by psychotherapist Michael White at the University of Deusto, Spain; member of the team responsible for interpreting the seminar into Spanish.
English <> Spanish certified translator by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Colombia, with over ten years of experience translating legal, comercial, marketing and academic documents. Translation Director at Traductores.co. Major in literature.