Five years involvement in the field of translation. Translated roughly 300,000 words in the last 18 months through agencies and some private clients. I also have experience with subtitle translation. My CAT tool of choice is SmartCat, but I also have skills in using Trados, MateCat and Google Translator Toolkit.
My portfolio that includes my CV and some of my translation samples can be accessed from this link for your reference and further consideration.
I would like to work as a Freelance Translator and would like you to be considered for your organization. I am sure that may knowledge in translation from English to Malay will be very beneficial for your organization and I will surely be an asset to your company.
Here is a summary of my experience and knowledge:
• More than 3 years of experience in working as a translator and I cannot see myself working in any other field because I enjoy my work.
• Excellent communication skills and keep enhancing them as they are important in this field and I bring this in my work everyday.
• I am confident and positive personality and this makes it easier for people to get along with me. In translating, personality is as important as the ability to translate the language that is being written or spoken.
Thank you so much for considering my application.
Nadiah is a 100% native Malay speaker where Malay is really her everyday language. She have worked on website localization, translation, editing, proofreading and LQA for Pinterest, Dropbox, Microsoft, also translation, editing and proofreading in business management, advertisement, certificates and other fields for her former and current clients. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (major in Finance). She is able to complete the task by the deadline, with excellent quality. She is available at any day, any time, and can start working on any projects as soon as required.
Fourth year degree student with a strong interest in projects that require both critical thinking and decision making. Committed to learn the new skills and enhance current skills as a translator. Always eager to feel the experience working as a translator. Hence, I am looking forward to enhance my skills in typing.
I experienced translate subtitle using these websites:
-IYUNO Media Group
I experienced using this translation tool:
- SDL Trados Studio 2007
100% human translation so that texts will sound natural in both languages. I can do translation, subtitling and transcription of audio/video in both languages. My area of expertise includes but not limited to business, insurance, customer service, call centre, email correspondence, social media, marketing, finance and travel.
I am a native Malay and English speaker currently residing in Malaysia. I have a Bachelors Degree in Communication from University of Canberra and General Translation certification from Malaysian Institute of Translation & Books. With over 11 years of experience in Translation, Editing, Proofreading, Copywriting and Subtitling, I am confident that I am able to provide high quality work with a fast turnaround time for you, especially with professional experience in a deadline driven industry. I work from home full time on a freelance basis, therefore able to take up large volume of work.
My experience include:
- Corporate Communications and Branding with reputable organisations; translating various forms of communication in English and Malay
- Freelance Malay Copywriter for an advertising agencies with clients such as Subway, Vitagen, Nissan, Lipton
- Freelance Translator for Tokio Marine, AXA, RHB Bank, QBE Insurance
- Subtitle translations for films, TV shows and documentaries
A very senior and experienced translator with relevant professional qualification, who complies with the strictest datelines without compromising on the quality. Have undertaken translation projects covering almost in all major fields as indicated above.
I started translating academic thesis in 2016 from English into Malay language while completing my Master of Science. Later, in 2018 I decided to become a full-time freelance Malay/English translator. Even though my experience in the translation industry is less than 5 years, however my experience and knowledge, especially in engineering and sciences, are my advantages.
• Graduated with Honours from University of Bradford in Engineering.
• A certified translator from Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia
• Experienced in translating business and technical documents, contracts, books and websites.
A well-presented, polite, articulate and friendly individual who is fully aware of diversity & multicultural issues, hence, able to combine a polite manner with razor-sharp efficiency. An experienced, multi-skilled & reliable freelance translator with a proven ability to translate documents from a source language to a target language. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas & can communicate clearly & effectively with people from all social & professional backgrounds. Flexible in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise & at the same time remaining aware of professional roles & boundaries.
• Solid experience in translating & subtitling in all areas: business, legal, technical and commercial.
• Possess proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Able to work accurately, detailed, work under tight timeframes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relation capabilities.
• A calm professional with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Adapt well to challenge, resourceful and flexible.
• Experienced in observing tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information.
• Computer skills: MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Trados.
I spend 5 years in Japan earning my Bachelor's degree at Kyoto Institute of Technology.
In my second year, I started doing freelance translation for JAP-ENG for various materials.
Currently, I'm working full-time as an Engineer at an automotive company, under a Japanese-based management.