Five years involvement in the field of translation. Translated roughly 300,000 words in the last 18 months through agencies and some private clients. I also have experience with subtitle translation. My CAT tool of choice is SmartCat, but I also have skills in using Trados, MateCat and Google Translator Toolkit.
My portfolio that includes my CV and some of my translation samples can be accessed from this link for your reference and further consideration.
I would like to work as a Freelance Translator and would like you to be considered for your organization. I am sure that may knowledge in translation from English to Malay will be very beneficial for your organization and I will surely be an asset to your company.
Here is a summary of my experience and knowledge:
• More than 3 years of experience in working as a translator and I cannot see myself working in any other field because I enjoy my work.
• Excellent communication skills and keep enhancing them as they are important in this field and I bring this in my work everyday.
• I am confident and positive personality and this makes it easier for people to get along with me. In translating, personality is as important as the ability to translate the language that is being written or spoken.
Thank you so much for considering my application.
I would describe myself as someone who is honest, caring, intelligent, hardworking, and ambitious. I have a great sense of humor. I am an easy going person & don’t get easily disturbed by down’s in my life. I a spiritual person & have a good library of best spiritual books. I also enjoy travelling, watching movies, going out for dinner, and having great intellectual conversations
• Graduated with Honours from University of Bradford in Engineering.
• A certified translator from Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia
• Experienced in translating business and technical documents, contracts, books and websites.
A well-presented, polite, articulate and friendly individual who is fully aware of diversity & multicultural issues, hence, able to combine a polite manner with razor-sharp efficiency. An experienced, multi-skilled & reliable freelance translator with a proven ability to translate documents from a source language to a target language. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas & can communicate clearly & effectively with people from all social & professional backgrounds. Flexible in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise & at the same time remaining aware of professional roles & boundaries.
• Solid experience in translating & subtitling in all areas: business, legal, technical and commercial.
• Possess proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Able to work accurately, detailed, work under tight timeframes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relation capabilities.
• A calm professional with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Adapt well to challenge, resourceful and flexible.
• Experienced in observing tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information.
• Computer skills: MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Trados.
A very senior and experienced translator with relevant professional qualification, who complies with the strictest datelines without compromising on the quality. Have undertaken translation projects covering almost in all major fields as indicated above.
I am a Malaysian Chinese with excellent language proficiency in Malay, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and English. With over 20 years of experience in translation and copywriting, I am confident that I can always produce high quality work. Currently I am appointed by SAP, Germany as the Malay Language Expert. Besides, I am also the appointed Subject Matter Expert of The Malaysian Insurance Institute.