As a freelance translator with educational background in IT and physics, I can offer translations specifically in those areas. I've been working as a freelance translator for about two years now and I was able to gather experience in post-MT translation, translation and subtitling. As an active gamer and musician, I am also interested in jobs concerning those areas.
I am a fully bilingual (German < > English), semi-retired university instructor and translator with excellent written and verbal skills in both languages (30+ years of language teaching experience and translation).
144+ GE > EN translation projects (for European agency)
85+ EN > GE translation projects (for European agency)
18 EN > GE book translations (babelcube.com)
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
My name is Nadine and I am a native German delivering professional translations as well as proofreading and copy writing services in a variety of fields. I have been working as a freelance translator and proofreader for more than five years and I am available for translations from English and Spanish into German, software and website localizations as well as proofreading/editing and content creation (in German only).
My areas of expertise include:
- legal and business, incl. whitepapers, business reports and ISO documents
- medical and healt related topics
- academic writing and proofreading/editing with a focus on social sciences and economics
- lifestyle and entertainment related topics
- IT contents; software, app and game localizations
- linguistic testing
- project management and QA for translation and content production projects
I am able to process a variety of file types, large volumes and extensive glossaries.
I'm a native German speaker (bilingual DE/EN) from Switzerland, based in Southeast Asia.
My professional background is in banking, fashion, and luxury travel. I have been translating a wide range of legal documents, financial reports, website content, marketing material, travel itineraries, etc. for almost 2 decades. In early 2017 I have transitioned to working as a full-time freelancer.
If your project requires translation (general, financial, legal, technical, medical), proofreading or editing (grammar, syntax, flow, voice, style), it will be in good hands with me. My clients receive regular updates while I work on a task and I am determined to keep deadlines as agreed.
Many of my clients hire me on a repeat basis, however, I'm also open to one-time assignments and flexible in terms of scope and subject matter.
Please message me if you would like to work with me. Thank you!
Deutsch und russisch sind meine Muttersprachen. Ich übersetze alles pünktlich und qualitativ. Freue mich auf alle Anfragen.
Мой родной язык - немецкий и русский. Перевожу быстро и качественно. Буду рада новым заказам!
I am an experienced, educated (MA Translation) translator, with experience in translation, post-editing, proof-reading and editing. I work with SDL Trados and ATMS but am always open to learning more tools.
- Excellent communication skills acquired during the last 20 years as a freelancer
Organisational / managerial skills
- Outstanding organisational / managerial skills gained as the managing director of my own translation agency and my export company
- Professional language skills acquired during more than 20 years as a self-employed translator/interpreter for various clients in all kinds of trades
I’m a translator; my mother tongue is German.
I’ve worked as a German proofreader, and if you can proofread in German, nothing in life will scare you. And I can help you translate not just any subject but also any topic. So if it’s a play, a diagnostic manual or just a Dear John letter, it’s all good.
I can promise high availability and fast turnarounds but above all else excellent translations that will get to the heart of the fusion of two languages. I provide excellent service with super quick turnarounds. Translation is a lot like being a matchmaker between two beautiful languages.
Let's connect and speak about your project!
Professional English/German Translator/Editor/Writer
I am a professional English/German translator/editor and freelance writer. Going the extra mile for my clients and making sure they always receive the best product possible are key features of my work ethic.
Whether you need articles, documents, apps or even your granny's cookbook translated to German, I will do my very best to ensure that you receive a translation that is not only accurate, but also authentic and professional - because translation is so much more than just replacing words.
In-depth knowledge of grammar, style and syntax of both languages combined with experience in translating medical, technical and business texts provide me with the tools necessary to professionally translate your texts and make them available for a broader audience.
I hold a degree in English language studies/English language teaching as well as a degree in marketing.
10+ years as translator/editor and 4 years as language trainer.
You can preorder directly at https://TobyFree.com/free-german-translation /// German Translation (English/French to German/de-DE) & High German Voice Over Recording Studio /// mailto:email@example.com /// tel:+4933926790075 | tel:+4915229705418 | fax:+4932121021177 | skype:tobiasf80?chat /// Business Hours: Monday to Saturday 13.00 – 22.00 o'clock (UTC+01:00 Berlin time) /// About me: For about 4 years I have been living near Berlin and translating from English to German – mainly software localization and technical content (automotive manuals, smartphones, apps, adword campaigns). /// Education: 2003 – Graduate Engineer for Computer Science (Dipl.-Ing. equiv. M.Eng.) 1998 – Abitur (A-Level certificate) with advanced courses in English (French as second language) and German History
"The best place to hide a corpse is the second SERP."
Are you an online brand or business owner, an e-commerce professional or a marketing agency who has grown by leaps and bounds in the past few years and therefore finally made it across the borders of your flagship's storefront?
Or maybe you are an entrepreneur or freelancer, eager to expand your business towards audiences speaking foreign languages in order to make your products and services available to anyone globally?
If that's the case – you and me already have one or two things in common – the desire to connect people and thrive online.
You might already know that it isn't necessarily easy to get your message across to the right audience in their tone of voice – especially when this audience is foreign to you, i.e. speaks another language.
You've already worked with other translators, but somehow, their translations of your website and services don't come up on the first SERP and don't seem to be generating as much inc
My Name is Michelle and I am learning English for more than 12 years now. My current level is C1-C2, according to my University's placement test.
I am currently studying Japanese and Asian-Science as my mayors. But from the upcoming Semester on, I will additonally study English C2 with main emphasis on Economics and Politics. I will also attend Chinese A1 classes.
I am currently in my third semester (out of six). After graduating I expect to make my Master in Japanese and translating at the University in Heidelberg (ranked 45th best International). After this I plan to participate in the JET - Program to teach English overseas.
In a translation spanning 15 years, I have had the privilege of producing compelling creative German copy for prestigious Fortune 100 clients from the IT, finance, manufacturing, retail, and entertainment industries.
Assignments have featured the full gamut across digital, print, and audiovisual.
professional, quick and uncomplicated
I offer high-quality translation services from English to German. I have a Master's degree in Economics with three years of work experience in Finance.
Fields of Knowledge:
- General Economics
- IT and technology related topics
After my two university degrees - A levels teacher of English, geography and politics; Distinguished Doctorate in economics and social sciences - I worked for ten years as director of a big commercial language school and for ten years as a teacher at state schools. I have also been working as a translator for more than ten years, in the main fields that I studied at universities: business with marketing/finance, law/politics, tourism and social sciences.
I am highly qualified and have been working for top institutions like British Parliament, the Tourism Ministry of Malta, big German publishing houses and internatiional companies.
I am a native German translator, and I am specialised in several fields. For years I've been working successfully with different translation agencies as well as major companies such as Siemens or General Electric. I offer high quality translation and localization services as well as proofreading.
I am a graduate of social sciences with a major in political sciences and minors in sociology and psychology. While a student I started being a freelancer, at first in fields related to SEO and natural language processing, and then progressively moved towards translation and subtitling, which I am dedicated to the last few years. I have solid experience in the travel and hospitality sector, website and game localization, as well as subtitling (TV-series, feature films, documentaries, sports commentaries).
15 years of experience in editing academic papers (theses, dissertations, proposals, reports, abstracts) in various fields, German and English; 10 years of experience in translating, editing, proofreading, script and audio LQA for top clients of various industries, please see List of Clients; samples on request!
Hi, I’m Andre and I’m here to offer professional translation and text services. Having studied German Literature, Linguistics and Culture Studies, as well as Musicology at the University of Kiel in Germany, working with complex texts of highly diverse topics is my prime expertise and passion.
My prior experiences and areas of expertise include:
- Websites (incl. tags)
- Instruction Manuals
- Technical Documentation
- Template Files for Content Management Systems
- Short Stories
- Video Games
Freelance translator, I work for a large number of translation agencies across Europe. Language pairs:
English ► German;
Spanish ► German;
Dutch ► German;
Swedish ► German;
Fields of expertise:
• Solar energy, photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar cells, solar panels
• Bioclimatic architecture, sustainable architecture, living roof, roof gardens, green walls
• Environmental protection, renewable energies, renewables, energy efficiency, sustainable energy, electrical energy storage, smart grids
• Health, nutrition, sustainability, awareness
• Tourism, travel
• Shipping, transport, traffic
You want your dream clients to hang on your every word;
but finding the right ones to reach them can be a tad tedious.
Or downright excruciating.
Well, take a deep breath. It doesn’t have to be this way.
After more than 12 years of managing my own business as well as international relations for numerous clients, I started concentrating on what I’m most passionate about:
Writing copy and creating valuable content for businesses on a mission.
I work in three distinct ways:
One: Translating your marketing and communication documents to convey your message to German readers.
Two: Creating meaningful, valuable content to support you in positioning your business.
Three: Revamping your business copy and PR documents.
Sounds good? Then let’s get rolling!
Guess you’d like to get to know me a little more before you go off exploring my services.
Kudos for being thorough on your inquiry! I can relate.
This business is my passion and perfect results for the projects I take part in are my personal agenda.
Here’s what you need to know about me:
This year, I was appointed president for the DVÜD, the german association for freelance translators and interpreters www.dvud.de
I do pro bono translations for Translators Without Borders.
I help my clients (that’s you!) get exactly what they need:
Texts with a twist of that certain je ne sais quoi to stick in your reader’s head and mind.
So, if you’re quite over coach class results for your first class enterprise,
come work with me at The Vegan Translator.
Contact me for a free consultation. I look forward to talking to you.
I was born in Cologne, Germany, lived in Venezuela as a toddler, spent my teenage years on a farm in the Northern German countryside and then studied Fine Art, English Literature, Linguistics, Sociology and Pedagogy at Cologne University, Germany. I studied abroad both in Cambridge (UK) (English Language Teaching, Literature) and in Oslo (NO) (Fine Art). After completing my degree in 2005, my passion for languages and other cultures led me to live in Norway, Italy, England and Holland, where I worked as a tutor for Foreign Languages, Art History, Critical Thinking, Media Studies and Academic Writing. In 2010 I received a scholarship to study on the MA Fine Art Course at Central Saint Martins, London, from which I graduated with Distinction in September 2011. My master thesis focused on real/fictional identity. I am bilingual German/English, fluent in Norwegian, speak conversational Italian and have basic knowledge of Dutch, Latin, French and Spanish. The translation and text writing work I did over the last 2 years was specialized in the broader field of The Arts. Fields of personal interest are anthropology, neuroscience, psychology and philosophy.
Clients a.o. are Cookies Event & Catering, Berlin / Maximilian Magnus, stage design & art / Rogerio Mesquita Photography NY / IFNAT / Tomislav S Vukic, artist / Proquest Learning and Information / BWS Technologies, Cambridge / Lovis Dengler, photography
I was born in Germany and my native language is German and Greek. From very young I took all the necessary qualifications to know these languages as native. I love these languages and I learn more words day to day. However I have qualifications in German from Goethe institut Zertifikat and Mittelstufe and in English Lower Michigan but in an advanced level and vocabulary because I love learn more and more. And as my native language is Greek I am from High school graduated.