United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
Originally from Germany, I have spent the last 4 years working and living abroad, improving and building upon my language skills. Graduated with a Master's Degree in Automotive Engineering, I have more than 3 years post-graduate experience in the mechanical engineering industry. I am highly specialized in technical translation, especially for the automotive & engineering business and can guarantee excellent written content for a better & smoother readers’ experience as well as deadline commitment.
Ever since I began working as a freelance translator, I participated in diverse translation projects such as:
• website localization
• Amazon product listings
• Shopify store localization
• marketing material, brochures, manuals
• software and mobile application localization, incl. mobile gaming apps
• technical & scientific translations, especially for the automotive industry.
As a freelance translator with educational background in IT and physics, I can offer translations specifically in those areas. I've been working as a freelance translator for about two years now and I was able to gather experience in post-MT translation, translation and subtitling. As an active gamer and musician, I am also interested in jobs concerning those areas.
Hi. Im Edward coming from DEU. My wife is Russian. We work together. We translate german,russian,english,ukranian languages native and high quality. Please contact with me if you have any questions or projects.. Also İm living in Turkey in Antalya and working in a company which produces every hardwood works. Im simultaneous Translator there with Engineers and Mechanics.
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
Growing up biculturally (I’m German but I grew up in Turkey), I have learned 3 languages (German, Turkish & English) like my mother tongue and I have been involved with translation for many years. On top of it, I did a bachelor in Translation Studies at Istanbul University. I love languages, and translation has an inevitable place in my life. I do professional verbal and written translations and I am a multiskilled and reliable translator with the ability to handle problems of the translation process along with excellent negotiation skills. I wish to gain more experience and improve myself continuously.
My name is Claudia Heidemann (company name ch_translations) and I am a translator for the languages German, English, Dutch and Latin. Since I am a native German speaker and as I study Bachelor Electrical Engineering in English (and have been speaking English on a daily basis much earlier) I feel very comfortable in both languages and in translating between them. I started as a freelance translator on the freelancer's website Fiverr (link to my profile there: https://www.fiverr.com/ch_translations) and I have completed over 200 projects there so far with an average rating of 4.95/5. Since summer 2016 I was mostly working on projects that I got in touch with via ProZ. I also work with SDL Trados 2014 and recently discovered as well used other CAT tools like MateCat, SmartCAT, Google Translator Kit and Smartling. I have gained most of my experience by translating websites, (technical) manuals, apps and promotional brochures/videos. In this time, so that I am familiar with translating texts in this field. My capacity per day, depending on the source document, can be up to 2000 words for translating and up to 5000 words for editing as well as proofreading. My rates can be usually negotiated individually depending on the project.
You can preorder directly at https://TobyFree.com/free-german-translation /// German Translation (English/French to German/de-DE) & High German Voice Over Recording Studio /// mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org /// tel:+4933926790075 | tel:+4915229705418 | fax:+4932121021177 | skype:tobiasf80?chat /// Business Hours: Monday to Saturday 13.00 – 22.00 o'clock (UTC+01:00 Berlin time) /// About me: For about 4 years I have been living near Berlin and translating from English to German – mainly software localization and technical content (automotive manuals, smartphones, apps, adword campaigns). /// Education: 2003 – Graduate Engineer for Computer Science (Dipl.-Ing. equiv. M.Eng.) 1998 – Abitur (A-Level certificate) with advanced courses in English (French as second language) and German History
15 years of experience in editing academic papers (theses, dissertations, proposals, reports, abstracts) in various fields, German and English; 10 years of experience in translating, editing, proofreading, script and audio LQA for top clients of various industries, please see List of Clients; samples on request!
You want your dream clients to hang on your every word;
but finding the right ones to reach them can be a tad tedious.
Or downright excruciating.
Well, take a deep breath. It doesn’t have to be this way.
After more than 12 years of managing my own business as well as international relations for numerous clients, I started concentrating on what I’m most passionate about:
Writing copy and creating valuable content for businesses on a mission.
I work in three distinct ways:
One: Translating your marketing and communication documents to convey your message to German readers.
Two: Creating meaningful, valuable content to support you in positioning your business.
Three: Revamping your business copy and PR documents.
Sounds good? Then let’s get rolling!
Guess you’d like to get to know me a little more before you go off exploring my services.
Kudos for being thorough on your inquiry! I can relate.
This business is my passion and perfect results for the projects I take part in are my personal agenda.
Here’s what you need to know about me:
This year, I was appointed president for the DVÜD, the german association for freelance translators and interpreters www.dvud.de
I do pro bono translations for Translators Without Borders.
I help my clients (that’s you!) get exactly what they need:
Texts with a twist of that certain je ne sais quoi to stick in your reader’s head and mind.
So, if you’re quite over coach class results for your first class enterprise,
come work with me at The Vegan Translator.
Contact me for a free consultation. I look forward to talking to you.