United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
Originally from Germany, I have spent the last 4 years working and living abroad, improving and building upon my language skills. Graduated with a Master's Degree in Automotive Engineering, I have more than 3 years post-graduate experience in the mechanical engineering industry. I am highly specialized in technical translation, especially for the automotive & engineering business and can guarantee excellent written content for a better & smoother readers’ experience as well as deadline commitment.
Ever since I began working as a freelance translator, I participated in diverse translation projects such as:
• website localization
• Amazon product listings
• Shopify store localization
• marketing material, brochures, manuals
• software and mobile application localization, incl. mobile gaming apps
• technical & scientific translations, especially for the automotive industry.
With a long and extensive background in the corporate world (US, CY & NL companies) in leading positions I have managed to become a well rounded specialist with strong expertise in Customer Services, Management, Account Management, Direct Selling, Compliance (within Direct Selling) obtained in international, multicultural environments of the sectors Tourism, e-Commerce, Telecom, FMCG, Financial Trading and Crowdfunding.
I have translated text throughout my entire professional career, and am fully bilingual in the language pair EN-DE, DE-EN and EN/DE - NL. I live in the Netherlands since over 15 years now, am a native German and work as a freelance translator here and on other platforms since more than 3 years.
Over 15 years of experience in providing translations to private and corporate employers (mostly English-German, Polish-German, German-Polish and Polish-English). Hardworking, imaginative, accurate and punctual. My employers appreciate me delivering projects on time as well as creative suggestions I might have concerning contents, layouts, language phrasing, verbalisation etc.
My definite strength is to deliver a high quality, error-free translation on time an according to the employer's specification. My clients have always been content with my very quick turnaround and appreciated clear and comprehensive communication between both sides.
Starting as interpreter and translator during the balkan war, while studying German language in Zagreb, I moved 1995 to Austria, where I live ever since. I am Croatian and German native with profund knowledge of English language. In the meanwhile I was working in big international companies like European Telecom International, a company of Telefonica, and DHL. Since 2012 I am self-employed and work as translator and writer.
English to German Translator
My areas of expertise are technical, financial (with a special focus on forex), e-commerce, tourism, medical and academic texts. Language has always fascinated me—not merely the speaking of foreign languages but the act of translation in particular. Transforming the precise meaning of a text and making it alive in a different language requires more than an excellent command of the grammar and vocabulary of the target language. The translated text needs to sound natural and fluent, and maintaining the correct context is similarly essential. Translation of web-based e-commerce pages, for instance, is very different from translating an academic text or a literary piece. I specialize in translating documents from English or Dutch into German, my mother tongue. I translate only into my home language as translations out of one’s home language can go badly wrong—both for oneself and for the client—if one is not fully bilingual. I am reliable.
I am providing professional translations especially from Russian but also from English into the German language. Working as a translator for more than 20 years, I have successfully done work in a variety of fields, such as technology, mechanics, computer science, law, religion, history, prose and others. Feel free to make a request anytime!
As a freelance translator with educational background in IT and physics, I can offer translations specifically in those areas. I've been working as a freelance translator for about two years now and I was able to gather experience in post-MT translation, translation and subtitling. As an active gamer and musician, I am also interested in jobs concerning those areas.
I'm a 34 years old native German author and translator.
Within the last years I translated websites, newsletters, contracts or other documents and also books.
Before this I studied management of media (including a semester abroad in the UK) and began a schooling as an alternative practitioner for animals. All the years I worked in different side jobs, gaining knowledge in areas I otherwise might not have touched (florist, industrial production, programming, journalism, etc.).
Besides my interests have a wide range, they vary from computers and games to physical and mental health to cooking or crafting. If I need to clarify something, I can come back to specialists in design & photography, physics & electricity, (board) games, horses, crafting, marketing, journalism & writing within my network.
// Best times to contact me: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm CET //
I also work on weekends if needed, but I am only in limited reach on Saturdays and Sundays.
I am a fully bilingual (German < > English), semi-retired university instructor and translator with excellent written and verbal skills in both languages (30+ years of language teaching experience and translation).
144+ GE > EN translation projects (for European agency)
85+ EN > GE translation projects (for European agency)
18 EN > GE book translations (babelcube.com)
I have been working as a professional freelance translator for the language pairs EN-DE, EN-EL, DE-EL, EL-DE in several projects. Also specialized in subtitling, Desktop Publishing, Website-Development, and more...
1988 - 1997 - Cooperation with Bavaria Film - filmproduction company for synchronization
1986-2002 - Daily translations of material between the languages English-German-Greek as part of my job as a Manager of a Travel Agency in Germany - Munich.
2005 - Begin of cooperation with M.T. Kaltenmaier, German translator in the head office of the European Community in Luxemburg
2007 - Translation-Services for the Real Estate Agency Ef Zein in Chania - Crete
2013 - Cooperation with LTES Ltd, Athens
2013 - Start of cooperation with Lionbridge / Participation in several TMS-OnDemand-Projects with LTB-Check
2015 - Interpreter for the film production ZUSAMMEN Filmproduktion, Wolfgang Reinke, Berlin
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
My name is Nadine and I am a native German delivering professional translations as well as proofreading and copy writing services in a variety of fields. I have been working as a freelance translator and proofreader for more than five years and I am available for translations from English and Spanish into German, software and website localizations as well as proofreading/editing and content creation (in German only).
My areas of expertise include:
- legal and business, incl. whitepapers, business reports and ISO documents
- medical and healt related topics
- academic writing and proofreading/editing with a focus on social sciences and economics
- lifestyle and entertainment related topics
- IT contents; software, app and game localizations
- linguistic testing
- project management and QA for translation and content production projects
I am able to process a variety of file types, large volumes and extensive glossaries.
I am translating and proofreading from English and French into German (any variant). I am originally from Switzerland and now living in Belgium. Over the last years I have been gaining freelance experience in a vast variety of subject, mainly I am specialised in IT, fashion and marketing.
I am a sworn translator in Germany and am native in both German and Russian. I have studied Translation Studies in Heidelberg (Germany) and International Relations in Budapest (Hungary). My specializations stem from practical work experience either as a freelancer in translation, or as an employee in the branch. In any case don't hesitate to ask me about my CV and I will be happy to forward it to you, so you get to know more about me as a professional in the translation business.
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
I am SPECIALIZED IN TECHNOLOGY & IT/BUSINESS & FINANCE/MARKETING/VIDEO GAMES
I am a reliable, quick and passionate translator living in Berlin and offer high-quality translations helping to reach your target audience easily.
I have several years of experience in linguistic activities such as producing translations in technical, academic and marketing environment as well as working in different positions in the office management and finance departments. Since 2016 I work as a freelance translator.
As a native German, I have completed my bachelor's degree at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal in Technical Translation. I also provide proofreading, editing and transcription services. Feel free to contact me, if you need expert help for your business. I would be happy to support you.
Editing and translation of software manuals (in particular IT/Software) (German-English and also English-German)
Maintenance of web pages as well as product documents (constuction industry, travel enterprises)
Editing and translation of marketing documents (IT/Software, travel businesses)
Ireland, Cork/Ireland, Vienna/Austria and Malaga/Spain
Editor and translator for EN/DE, trained at a business school in Vienna/Austria.
Since 2004 I participated in numerous projects translating and editing hotel prose, handbooks, fashion catalogues and websites. I translated and edited subtitles for several movies and documenteries.
Three years I worked as fulltime Siri Data Analyst and Software Tester at Apple European HQ in Cork/Ireland, where I took part in tasks for testing and improving localization and speech recognition coding tools for the Austrian, German, and Swiss market.
I have two degrees in translation, a "Diplom" from the Johannes-Gutenberg University in Germany and an MSc in Translation and Interpreting from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Furthermore, I have been translating for more than 10 years and have worked in a wide array of fields - in the past 5 years I have mainly dealt with pharmaceutical research texts, but continue to translate all sorts of text, including contracts, certificates, degrees and many more.
I have worked for the renowned company 4Real Intermedia as a translator of video games (EN - GER), I have translated B.A. and M.A. abstracts of students in the field of Finance (GER - EN), I have taken classes in translating literary texts (GER - EN), I have translated a website of one of Germany's leading detectives (EN/GER - FR) and am currently translating new parts of his website (GER - EN). Currently, I also am translating a novel (US EN - GER) and volunteer as a TED talk translator (EN - DE)
Being raised tri-lingual (German, English and Turkish) and fluent in all three languages for over 20 years (in written and spoken form). Primary aim is maintaining progressive flow and naturalness of each language, bringing to the fore and highlighting the concept of each topic/ sector, including comprehensive research for precision in terminology use. Combining the traget languages with their given cultures enables me to translate and proofread/ edit translated documents efficiently and with pointed accuracy (translation: GER>EN / EN>GER up to 3,500 words/ day and TR>EN / TR>GER up to 3,000 words/ day; proofreading/ editing: up to 15,000 words/ day).
Each translation is individually proofread and edited thoroughly, checking accurate use of jargon, grammar and spelling.
Previous qualification and experiences as Language Teacher/ Language Coach/ Tutor (English, Turkish and German), thus increasing skills as a linguist. Worked as professional private tutor to the finest most exclusive names in Munich as well as in Istanbul and experience working with young adults and adults (incl. Business English).
Increased professional skills as an Assistant for Tax Consulting, including accounting, financial statements, tax assessment, private/ corporate contracts as well as legal letters, has led to in-depth knowledge of jargon and its accurate use.
I am Cedric, a self-motivated, enthusiastic, optimistic, internet savy, and workaholic freelancer. I love to work even if it comes up with a great challenge.
I do offer multilingual translation as well as transcripting service since 2013. Each translation and content will be processed by me, no translation software or any indian company.
I specialize in:
English> German> English
English> Russian> English
(I´m living in Germany, have been born here, my parents are from Russia and I got a certification from the Cambridge university for my skills in English)
Accuracy, customer satisfaction and timely delivery will always be the priority. So just assign me and relax! :)
Lastly, I want to greet you for reading about me!
With kind regards,
Kann perfekt deutsch und russisch, bin eine Halb Ukrainerin, deshalb auch ukrainisch. Знаю в идеале немецкий язык, русский также является мои родным языком, выросла в двухязычной семье в Украине. Именно поэтому и знания украинского языка на высшем уровне.
I am a professional translator in German, Spanish and English. I graduated from university in 2011 and have been working as a freelance translator and as a translator for a Chilean University in part-time.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
1993-Present: Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists (MCIL)
Since 2018: Chartered Linguist (CL)
SUMMARY OF CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in examination provision for the IoL Educational Trust and other examination bodies at all levels, including:
o Syllabus development
o Setting and assessment of examination material
o Examination management
o Liaison with stakeholders
o Ofqual accreditation
o Quality control, including marking and moderation
o Assessor training
• 30 years of experience as a freelance translator and proofreader (Eng – German) of semi-technical and general material including general interest publications, advertising copy, consumer electronics, subtitles, audio material and documentation relating to language testing and language learning.
• 22 years of experience as oral examiner and assessor, written marker, setter, proofreader and moderator at all levels