United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
Originally from Germany, I have spent the last 4 years working and living abroad, improving and building upon my language skills. Graduated with a Master's Degree in Automotive Engineering, I have more than 3 years post-graduate experience in the mechanical engineering industry. I am highly specialized in technical translation, especially for the automotive & engineering business and can guarantee excellent written content for a better & smoother readers’ experience as well as deadline commitment.
Ever since I began working as a freelance translator, I participated in diverse translation projects such as:
• website localization
• Amazon product listings
• Shopify store localization
• marketing material, brochures, manuals
• software and mobile application localization, incl. mobile gaming apps
• technical & scientific translations, especially for the automotive industry.
With a long and extensive background in the corporate world (US, CY & NL companies) in leading positions I have managed to become a well rounded specialist with strong expertise in Customer Services, Management, Account Management, Direct Selling, Compliance (within Direct Selling) obtained in international, multicultural environments of the sectors Tourism, e-Commerce, Telecom, FMCG, Financial Trading and Crowdfunding.
I have translated text throughout my entire professional career, and am fully bilingual in the language pair EN-DE, DE-EN and EN/DE - NL. I live in the Netherlands since over 15 years now, am a native German and work as a freelance translator here and on other platforms since more than 3 years.
Over 15 years of experience in providing translations to private and corporate employers (mostly English-German, Polish-German, German-Polish and Polish-English). Hardworking, imaginative, accurate and punctual. My employers appreciate me delivering projects on time as well as creative suggestions I might have concerning contents, layouts, language phrasing, verbalisation etc.
My definite strength is to deliver a high quality, error-free translation on time an according to the employer's specification. My clients have always been content with my very quick turnaround and appreciated clear and comprehensive communication between both sides.
I'm a 34 years old native German author and translator.
Within the last years I translated websites, newsletters, contracts or other documents and also books.
Before this I studied management of media (including a semester abroad in the UK) and began a schooling as an alternative practitioner for animals. All the years I worked in different side jobs, gaining knowledge in areas I otherwise might not have touched (florist, industrial production, programming, journalism, etc.).
Besides my interests have a wide range, they vary from computers and games to physical and mental health to cooking or crafting. If I need to clarify something, I can come back to specialists in design & photography, physics & electricity, (board) games, horses, crafting, marketing, journalism & writing within my network.
// Best times to contact me: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm CET //
I also work on weekends if needed, but I am only in limited reach on Saturdays and Sundays.
I am providing professional translations especially from Russian but also from English into the German language. Working as a translator for more than 20 years, I have successfully done work in a variety of fields, such as technology, mechanics, computer science, law, religion, history, prose and others. Feel free to make a request anytime!
Starting as interpreter and translator during the balkan war, while studying German language in Zagreb, I moved 1995 to Austria, where I live ever since. I am Croatian and German native with profund knowledge of English language. In the meanwhile I was working in big international companies like European Telecom International, a company of Telefonica, and DHL. Since 2012 I am self-employed and work as translator and writer.
English to German Translator
My areas of expertise are technical, financial (with a special focus on forex), e-commerce, tourism, medical and academic texts. Language has always fascinated me—not merely the speaking of foreign languages but the act of translation in particular. Transforming the precise meaning of a text and making it alive in a different language requires more than an excellent command of the grammar and vocabulary of the target language. The translated text needs to sound natural and fluent, and maintaining the correct context is similarly essential. Translation of web-based e-commerce pages, for instance, is very different from translating an academic text or a literary piece. I specialize in translating documents from English or Dutch into German, my mother tongue. I translate only into my home language as translations out of one’s home language can go badly wrong—both for oneself and for the client—if one is not fully bilingual. I am reliable.
As a freelance translator with educational background in IT and physics, I can offer translations specifically in those areas. I've been working as a freelance translator for about two years now and I was able to gather experience in post-MT translation, translation and subtitling. As an active gamer and musician, I am also interested in jobs concerning those areas.
I am a fully bilingual (German < > English), semi-retired university instructor and translator with excellent written and verbal skills in both languages (30+ years of language teaching experience and translation).
144+ GE > EN translation projects (for European agency)
85+ EN > GE translation projects (for European agency)
18 EN > GE book translations (babelcube.com)
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,
I am currently working as a freelance translator and have received my Bachelor Degree in Social Science from University College Roosevelt in 2011. During my studies I specialist in Political Science, Law and Anthropology. My studies have given me the opportunity to gain the necessary skills to apply for this project. Furthermore, my work as a translator has helped me to understand the working progress of large companies and has helped me to improve my language and business skills.
I have gained further experience at my internship at the European Parliament and Eurojust, which will help me to fulfill the tasks given to me. I am fluent in English and German and also speak Dutch and some Spanish. I possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and am able to handle a high workload. I am a very hard worker and fast learner and believe to be an asset to your company and team.
I believe that I will be able to deliver a translation you are a 100% satisfied with and that will meet your standards. I am sure that we will be to build a long lasting work relationship and will be able to work together on many projects in the future.
I have been working as a professional freelance translator for the language pairs EN-DE, EN-EL, DE-EL, EL-DE in several projects. Also specialized in subtitling, Desktop Publishing, Website-Development, and more...
1988 - 1997 - Cooperation with Bavaria Film - filmproduction company for synchronization
1986-2002 - Daily translations of material between the languages English-German-Greek as part of my job as a Manager of a Travel Agency in Germany - Munich.
2005 - Begin of cooperation with M.T. Kaltenmaier, German translator in the head office of the European Community in Luxemburg
2007 - Translation-Services for the Real Estate Agency Ef Zein in Chania - Crete
2013 - Cooperation with LTES Ltd, Athens
2013 - Start of cooperation with Lionbridge / Participation in several TMS-OnDemand-Projects with LTB-Check
2015 - Interpreter for the film production ZUSAMMEN Filmproduktion, Wolfgang Reinke, Berlin
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
My name is Nadine and I am a native German delivering professional translations as well as proofreading and copy writing services in a variety of fields. I have been working as a freelance translator and proofreader for more than five years and I am available for translations from English and Spanish into German, software and website localizations as well as proofreading/editing and content creation (in German only).
My areas of expertise include:
- legal and business, incl. whitepapers, business reports and ISO documents
- medical and healt related topics
- academic writing and proofreading/editing with a focus on social sciences and economics
- lifestyle and entertainment related topics
- IT contents; software, app and game localizations
- linguistic testing
- project management and QA for translation and content production projects
I am able to process a variety of file types, large volumes and extensive glossaries.
I am translating and proofreading from English and French into German (any variant). I am originally from Switzerland and now living in Belgium. Over the last years I have been gaining freelance experience in a vast variety of subject, mainly I am specialised in IT, fashion and marketing.
I am SPECIALIZED IN TECHNOLOGY & IT/BUSINESS & FINANCE/MARKETING/VIDEO GAMES
I am a reliable, quick and passionate translator living in Berlin and offer high-quality translations helping to reach your target audience easily.
I have several years of experience in linguistic activities such as producing translations in technical, academic and marketing environment as well as working in different positions in the office management and finance departments. Since 2016 I work as a freelance translator.
As a native German, I have completed my bachelor's degree at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal in Technical Translation. I also provide proofreading, editing and transcription services. Feel free to contact me, if you need expert help for your business. I would be happy to support you.
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
I am a sworn translator in Germany and am native in both German and Russian. I have studied Translation Studies in Heidelberg (Germany) and International Relations in Budapest (Hungary). My specializations stem from practical work experience either as a freelancer in translation, or as an employee in the branch. In any case don't hesitate to ask me about my CV and I will be happy to forward it to you, so you get to know more about me as a professional in the translation business.
Born and raised as a bilingual in Switzerland I have been involved from a very young age in a world of different languages. With parents from the Canary Islands and Switzerland, I feel that my background has given me a bicultural and international outlook.
As young adult I have been interested in trades and enrolled for a two-year diploma programme at a Swiss Commerce and Trade School. Special family reasons made me migrate to Spain, where I had to take care for a special family member. At this moment I have come to realise that my passion lied in helping less advantaged people and enrolled for the Certified Nurse Assistant Programme. Since then (13 years now) I work as a surgical technologist at surgery theatre, and try to help patients to overcome communication barriers. To interact between physicians and patients is what I do voluntarily whenever I can, to give back to my community.
Some years later, I made my dream come true and took a Double Degree Bachelor in Translation and Interpreting at the local University, while working fulltime at surgery theatre.
I love reading on world cultures, alternative medicines and travels, my favourite topics.
I have two degrees in translation, a "Diplom" from the Johannes-Gutenberg University in Germany and an MSc in Translation and Interpreting from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Furthermore, I have been translating for more than 10 years and have worked in a wide array of fields - in the past 5 years I have mainly dealt with pharmaceutical research texts, but continue to translate all sorts of text, including contracts, certificates, degrees and many more.
Editing and translation of software manuals (in particular IT/Software) (German-English and also English-German)
Maintenance of web pages as well as product documents (constuction industry, travel enterprises)
Editing and translation of marketing documents (IT/Software, travel businesses)
I have worked for the renowned company 4Real Intermedia as a translator of video games (EN - GER), I have translated B.A. and M.A. abstracts of students in the field of Finance (GER - EN), I have taken classes in translating literary texts (GER - EN), I have translated a website of one of Germany's leading detectives (EN/GER - FR) and am currently translating new parts of his website (GER - EN). Currently, I also am translating a novel (US EN - GER) and volunteer as a TED talk translator (EN - DE)
Ireland, Cork/Ireland, Vienna/Austria and Malaga/Spain
Editor and translator for EN/DE, trained at a business school in Vienna/Austria.
Since 2004 I participated in numerous projects translating and editing hotel prose, handbooks, fashion catalogues and websites. I translated and edited subtitles for several movies and documenteries.
Three years I worked as fulltime Siri Data Analyst and Software Tester at Apple European HQ in Cork/Ireland, where I took part in tasks for testing and improving localization and speech recognition coding tools for the Austrian, German, and Swiss market.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Lincoln
Professional translator with experience in management, HR, training & development, corporate governance and tourism.
Translation: Subject Specialisms - Business and Commercial, Management, Marketing and Tourism/Hotel/Travel
Post Editing: Subject Specialisms - Tourism/Hotel/Travel
I am Cedric, a self-motivated, enthusiastic, optimistic, internet savy, and workaholic freelancer. I love to work even if it comes up with a great challenge.
I do offer multilingual translation as well as transcripting service since 2013. Each translation and content will be processed by me, no translation software or any indian company.
I specialize in:
English> German> English
English> Russian> English
(I´m living in Germany, have been born here, my parents are from Russia and I got a certification from the Cambridge university for my skills in English)
Accuracy, customer satisfaction and timely delivery will always be the priority. So just assign me and relax! :)
Lastly, I want to greet you for reading about me!
With kind regards,
My expertise is in the natural sciences for 10+ years. I have worked daily in a German-English academic environment in R&D, teaching and publishing, and studied+lived in the UK/US for extended periods of time. I am available for translations, copyediting, proofreading... of texts with scientific, technical or other content.
– Fully bilingual in German and English (read, write, communicate)
– 10+ years work experience in a German-English academic environment
– Written, edited and published research and review articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals (in English)
– Expert reviewer and editor of German and English documents/manuscripts for content and quality German-English digital content and communication management
– As a scientist trained others to be highly attentive to detail, congruence, consistency and to follow standardized procedures for quality assurance
– Flexible (locations, work schedules) with access to fast and reliable internet
Kann perfekt deutsch und russisch, bin eine Halb Ukrainerin, deshalb auch ukrainisch. Знаю в идеале немецкий язык, русский также является мои родным языком, выросла в двухязычной семье в Украине. Именно поэтому и знания украинского языка на высшем уровне.
I’m a translator; my mother tongue is German.
I’ve worked as a German proofreader, and if you can proofread in German, nothing in life will scare you. And I can help you translate not just any subject but also any topic. So if it’s a play, a diagnostic manual or just a Dear John letter, it’s all good.
I can promise high availability and fast turnarounds but above all else excellent translations that will get to the heart of the fusion of two languages. I provide excellent service with super quick turnarounds. Translation is a lot like being a matchmaker between two beautiful languages.
Let's connect and speak about your project!
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
1993-Present: Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists (MCIL)
Since 2018: Chartered Linguist (CL)
SUMMARY OF CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in examination provision for the IoL Educational Trust and other examination bodies at all levels, including:
o Syllabus development
o Setting and assessment of examination material
o Examination management
o Liaison with stakeholders
o Ofqual accreditation
o Quality control, including marking and moderation
o Assessor training
• 30 years of experience as a freelance translator and proofreader (Eng – German) of semi-technical and general material including general interest publications, advertising copy, consumer electronics, subtitles, audio material and documentation relating to language testing and language learning.
• 22 years of experience as oral examiner and assessor, written marker, setter, proofreader and moderator at all levels