United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Native in Cantonese (Traditional Chinese Hong Kong), fluent in Mandarin (Simplified Chinese), working as a professional translator in the UK for over 9 years, truly bilingual and multi-cultural
- DipTrans (English> Chinese)
- Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists (MCIL)
- Qualified Member of Institute of Translation & Interpreting (MITI): English > Chinese (Medical & Pharmaceutical)
- Successful translator with passion in languages and localisation
Specialization: - Social Research, Education, Public and Government Services, Health Services, Medical and Pharmaceuticals, Police and legal matters
- Experiences in advertising materials, patient information leaflets and ICF, researches and surveys, HR and corporate training.
- Solid experience in software and website localisation, including language testing and linguistic QA.
- Recent experience in translating cryptocurrency white paper, also have actual experience in mining
A hardworking and enthusiastic translator ready to accept challenges and well equipped with practical translation skills to complete freelance jobs.
Subjects Taken at UNSW
Translation Related Subjects:
-Technology for Translation
-Accreditation in Translation
Interpreting Related Subjects:
-Interpreting in Legal Settings
-Interpreting in Community Settings
-Interpreting in International Settings
-Advanced Conference Interpreting
-Interpreting Accreditation Preparation
Theory and Linguistics:
-Translation & Interpreting Theories
-The Grammar of English
Hi, this is Winky. After receiving my bachelor degree from University of Macau (major: English Studies, minor: Translation), I chose to continue my further study at University of Macau. I am currently an MA student in Translation Studies (English/Chinese).
In the past few years, I have attended courses related to English literature, linguistics, as well as translation and interpreting. And I have been receiving freelance translation tasks in these three years, as well as interpreting tasks.
I grew up as a bilingual speaker English and Chinese. I spent most of my childhood in Hong Kong and continued my college education in Los Angeles at the University of Southern California, majoring in East Asian Languages and Cultures and minoring in Linguistics.
I have professional translation experience in the education and non-profit fields, and is currently a Chinese language editor for a book translation project with an international non-profit organization.