One quality that makes me stand out as a translator is keeping the balance between respecting the original and making the translation clear. I am also detail-oriented and as accurate and precise as possible.
[English < > Brazilian Portuguese (Native)]
[Spanish > Brazilian Portuguese (Native)]
Specializations: Oil & gas, engineering (in particular, chemical/mechanical engineering), HSE,
human resources, business administration, marketing, journalism, law.
Average output: 5,000 words a day.
Quality control & assurance system adopted:
■ Cat tools: Wordfast, MemoQ & Trados.
■ Development of specific glossaries for each document translated.
■ Validation of the terminology found in the documents through in-depth research on
specific websites, specialized literature and contact with professionals working in the field
■ Request, receipt and logging of feedback from customers and English speaking
- UNIP- Universidade Paulista – Undergraduate Studies: Portuguese, English & Literatures –
Completed in 2010
- Daniel Brilhante de Brito Course: Prep course for the Public Exam for Sworn Translators
(Law for Translators)
+5 years as a full-time translator.
- Freelance translator – 2010 up to now
- Easy Translation Services (Senior Translation Coordinator) – 2010-2013
- Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira (Quality Control of Patents) – 2009-2010
- Primacy Translations (Quality Control of Translations) – 2008-2009
Some of my clients:
Quality Translations, Oficina de Tradução, Easy Translations Services, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Foundation, Alarm.com, Ideias e Imagens, Sebastian Lantos LLC, among others.