Hello, my name is Anastasiya, I am an enthusiastic, reliable translator and a positive-minded person.
- English-Russian, Russian-English, Spanish-Russian, Russian-Spanish translation (over 7 years of experience);
- Proofreading in Russian;
- Audio/video transcription in Russian (with or without further translation).
MY MAIN SKILLS
+ RUSSIAN: I am a native Russian speaker (Moscow accent) with perfect knowledge of Russian (I am proud of getting 100 points out of 100 at the State Uniform Exam);
+ ENGLISH: I have been learning English since I was 5; English was one of my majors at high school, which I graduated from with honors, and I further polished it during my university studies, which I graduated from with honors too. Later on, I actively used English on a day-to-day basis at work;
+ SPANISH: Though I've started learning Spanish much later than English, at the university, it has always been my great love, and I believe that my passionate attitude to this wonderful language helped me to master it fluently within 4 years of studies;
+ TRANSLATION SKILLS: Speaking foreign languages well does not mean at all being a great translator. Translation is an art that requires not only brilliant command of foreign language, but also impeccable knowledge of your mother tongue, linguistic intuition and an eye for detail - and I do possess all of these skills;
+ ANALYTIC SKILLS: Some tasks require the ability of independent analytic thinking, and I believe I do have this skill too. I really enjoy researching, classifying, analyzing things... My brain just works like this!
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE IN TRANSLATION
+ Tourism & travel
+ Hotels & hospitality
+ Cosmetics & beauty
+ Sales & marketing texts
+ Software/website localization
+ Commercial documents
+ Press releases
+ Private correspondence
+ Business correspondence
+ Literary translations
+ Legal documents
+ and more!
Open to do any corrections of my translation if you have any comments, and proofreading is usually FREE OF CHARGE.
I never take a job if I am not absolutely sure I can accomplish it excellently & in time.
And, finally, I am really a meticulous and detail-oriented person, so be ready to respond to my questions and/or suggestions, as I always try to double check each minor detail to satisfy a client.
Assistant to Sales Manager / EN-RU Translator / Data Entry Specialist at Belmond Ltd (www.belmond.com; formerly Orient-Express Hotels Ltd), Moscow Office
August 2011 - Present
- Translation of quarterly e-news, printing materials, etc. on demand of the Head Office in London from English into Russian;
- Maintenance and regular updates of the online database (Salesforce.com) in English;
- Business correspondence in Russian and English with Russian and foreign partners.
Russian-English Translator (part-time) / Data Entry Specialist at American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ACCELS), Moscow Office
July 2008 - June 2011
- Worked with MS Access database (data entry & translating data from Russian into English, proofreading);
- Successfully collaborated with a fellow translator on unifying the methods of translation and creation of a uniform translation approach.