I am an experienced and talented English to Urdu and Punjabi translator, reviewer, and QA specialist. Though I do not purport to be the best linguistic services provider with reference to my working languages, what sets me apart from many others is a combination of my linguistic talent, passion for doing and researching translation, substantial experience as a translator and teacher of English, rigorous academic and research training in linguistics and translation studies, and a number of satisfied clients from UK, USA, Thailand, and India. A brief detail is as under:
• I am a native speaker of Urdu and Pakistani Punjabi, having 4 and a half years experience of providing a variety of language-related services - including translation, editing, proofreading, language moderation, transcription, subtitling, second/foreign language test development, voice-over, and such purely linguistics-related services as grammar evaluation, diacritization validation, phonetic transcription, SAMPA transcription, and rhythm annotation.
• The quality of my work has made me a preferable choice for a number of translation companies (and those which provide purely linguistics-related services), and the clientele is growing day by day.
• I am well-educated with reference to linguistics and translation. I hold MA English and MPhil Linguistics degrees, and am currently doing PhD in Translation Studies from University of Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK -- an undertaking which has enriched my conceptual knowledge of the various theories, techniques, and methods of translation. It has also increased my know-how of translating culturally-sensitive expressions.
• I am also a researcher in translation (one of my research papers on translation has been accepted for presentation at an international conference), blogger (my blog URL is http://translationstudiesinfo.blogspot.com/), and writer (the link to my translation-related article is http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_establish_ones_Business_as_a_Freelance_Translator_Some_Effective_Suggestions_for_Newbie_Translators).
• Moreover, I have around six years experience of working as a lecturer in English at a public-sector university in Pakistan, where I taught a variety of linguistics-related courses -- such as Communication Skills, Functional English, Qualitative Research Methodology, Sociolinguistics, Bilingualism, Stylistics, and Computer Assisted Language Learning. This relevant professional background has enhanced not only my vision of the graphological, morpho-syntactic, lexical/semantic, phonological, stylistic, and communicative specifics of languages, but also my potential to deal with them.
Given this strong academic and professional background and my expertise in linguistics and translation, I am sure that I would prove to be an asset for any company.