Graduated teacher of English, Instituto Superior del Profesorado Juan Ramón Fernández December 1996
Attended Technical Translation School, Mar del Plata Community College December 2003
Compared Structures Course, Language Center, Brighton January 1999
Lived abroad between 1998 – 2005 (UK-USA)
LANGUAGES AND SOFTWARE
Languages: English (fluent); Spanish (native); French (beginner); Portuguese (intermediate); German (intermediate)
Software: Microsoft Office 2003/2007, CAT Tools (SDL Trados 2007, MultiTerm, Tag Editor, Win Align, CAD, Adobe, Wordfast, Idiom), SDL 2009
Transcription: 100 WPM, audio/handwritten document transcription
Freelance Translator/Editor/Proofreader 2000-current
• Translated documents from Spanish to English and English into Spanish
• Edited and proofread translations
• Ensured quality control by providing feedback to translators
• Handled multiple projects at once and complied with deadlines
• Recruited/evaluated freelance translators and trained new employees
• Drafted/proofread documents for internal/website use
SPECIAL COURSES & TRAINING
• Advanced Trados CAT tool training course, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September-November 2008
• Training for Correction of Translations, Fundación Litterae, Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 2008
• Advanced Spanish Language Courses, Buenos Aires, Argentina, April 2007-December 2009
AREAS OF TRANSLATION SPECIALIZATION
• Educational: Teaching and Training material
• Engineering : Aerospace and Naval engineering, Oil, Boilers.
• Medicine and Life Sciences: Pharmaceutical, Informed Consent Forms, Studies Reports, Protocols.
• IT: Software, Hardware and Systems.
• Human Resources and General English.