Vistatec are currently looking for a linguist with excellent Indonesian written language skills and, while some translation is required, primarily the role will involve reviewing others’ translations; correcting and editing them for publication while also mentoring the translators to improve overall quality. We're looking for a talented Indonesian linguist who writes well and fluently in their native language. Someone who is passionate about maintaining quality Indonesian content on the web to encourage users in the local market to use the localized content and is comfortable using technology such as smartphones and tablets, and also apps, sites and social media for their locale.
Our client is a well-regarded and innovative multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
Our reviewers are independent language experts who perform the final step in the localization process before content is published. For this reason, it is necessary to take the client’s test to ensure that a candidate’s language and translation skills match the standard and expectations of the client.
- Review and audit digital content translated by agencies (marketing, online video captions, etc.).
- Carry out linguistic QAs of localized pages/products.
- Provide feedback for, and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
- Help ensure the client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
- Fix linguistic bugs as required.
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- Native Indonesian speaker with excellent written language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Indonesian language rules.
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language.
- BA/BSc in Translation, IT, Philology or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven experience as a translator/reviewer/writer/editor.
- Experienced with digital content and a familiarity with localization basics would be advantageous.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Interested in technology - particularly apps, websites and social media in your native language.
- Passion for excellent language quality standards.
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes if possible.