Vistatec is a leading localization company, with headquarters in Ireland and incorporated in US. 1997 we have been providing world class localization solutions to some of the largest companies worldwide.
We value our resources and always seek long-term collaboration with our linguists and have worked with most of them for several years. What sets us apart at Vistatec is our ability to take content, in any form, and align the intended impact and effective localization methodology, so that the end user experience and outcome is consistent or predictable regardless of language or locale.
We are currently looking for an External Off-site Linguist freelancer to work on a regular term collaboration of 10 to 20 hours on a weekly basis.
As a freelancer through Vistatec, you will be working mainly on reviews. Our client is an extremely well regarded international tech company and you'll be involved in maintaining the quality of and shaping popular online content for the Polish language. Ideally we'd like someone who is talented in translating both marketing and technical content. Someone who is passionate about maintaining the specified Polish quality content on the web, encouraging users in the market to use the localized content and is comfortable using technology such as smartphones, tablets and apps, sites and social media for your locale.
The Collaboration - Objectives:
• Review and audit content translated by agencies (Marketing content, UI, etc.).
• Provide feedback and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
• Help ensure the client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
• Maintain terminology in glossaries as required.
• Fix linguistic bugs as required.
• Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
• Native Polish speaker with excellent language skills.
• High level of English is required.
• BA/BSc in Translation, IT or a related discipline.
• Proven experience as a translator/reviewer.
• Experience in IT translation required.
• Should be familiar with localization basics.
The Ideal Freelancer Linguist should:
• Be detail-oriented, quality-focused, flexible and proactive.
• Have an interest in technology, particularly interested in apps, websites and social media as a Polish native language.
• Be dedicated to maintaining excellent language quality standards for your locale.
• Have some knowledge of translation tools (all tools and workflows, software are provided).