Work closely with the Director, team member, and the post-production team to translate about +/-133 individual interviews of various durations from 2-29 minutes from Arabic to English and vice versa on a specific deliverable timeline.
DURATION: November 2016 - February 2017 translating 2 interviews/day following a detailed deadline schedule.
• proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
• prior work experience in translation and subtitling work;
• proficiency in Jubler software;
• preferably possess a degree related to linguistics with a focus on in Arabic or English and a native
tongue of either or both.
• a keen eye for detail and a critical mind;
• a high level of self-motivation, commitment, dedication and professionalism;
• creative and flexible with a passionate interest in the project;
• the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• patience and concentration;
• the ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team;
• organizational and time management skills;
• communication skills, both written and oral in Arabic and English.
• translate +/- 133 interviews from Arabic to English and vice versa use subtitling software Jubler;
• follow a detailed Excel schedule with information on each interview duration and deadline;
• receive interviews with timecode from post-production team;
• send subtitles to relevant team member to review and check;
• edit translations as requested by team member;
• send final translations to the post-production team;
• performs other related tasks as assigned.
Work independently with frequent meetings via call/video conferencing with the Director and other relevant people who are working on the project. Must work through his/her own computer with access to Wi-Fi and software related to the work including but not limited to: Jubler [http://www.jubler.org], Microsoft Suite, Dropbox, and Google Docs.
WEORITU is an independent youth initiative from the Middle East (GCC) focused on promoting positivity through various mediums of art with a global vision as we aspire to generate large scale impact.