Vistatec [HIDDEN] is a leading localisation company, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Since 1997 we have been providing world class localization solutions to some of the largest companies worldwide. We provide our clients with global content solutions and we know that the people we partner with are our greatest asset, among them our team of talented linguists around the globe. We value our resources and always seek long-term collaboration with our linguists and have worked with most of them for several years.
We are currently looking for a German linguist to work in our client's office in Central Berlin for 20 hours per week. This is continuous project work with no specified end date. The rate we’re offering is competitive. Our client is a world-renowned multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
Objective of role:
To work closely with our client’s teams, carrying out linguistic reviews of content translated by translation vendors. This includes proofreading and correcting errors in the text, but goes further to include improving the overall readability of the German text to ensure it reads fluently and naturally in your language. The on-site linguist would also be required to linguistically QA online products both on desktop and mobile devices provided in the office, ensuring that the text appears as it should.
- Native German speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of German language rules.
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language.
- Strong background in marketing localisation, copywriting or transcreation
- tech savvy
- BA/BSc in Translation, IT or a related discipline would be ideal.
- Passion for languages
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.
- Live in the Berlin area or be willing to relocate
If you feel you would be a good match for this role and are interested in applying, please email your most recent English CV to [HIDDEN] Please note that a test piece will be required.
Applications from non-native speakers will not be accepted.