Vistatec [HIDDEN] is a leading localisation company, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and incorporated in the US. Since 1997 we have been providing world class localization solutions to some of the largest companies worldwide. We provide our clients with global content solutions and we know that the people we partner with are our greatest asset, among them our team of talented linguists around the globe. We value our resources and always seek long-term collaboration with our linguists and have worked with most of them for several years.
We are currently looking for a Freelancer to collaborate as an English Language Specialist to work onsite at Vistatec’s office in Dublin City. The successful candidate will work with English terminology and term databases within a vibrant, fast paced and innovative environment.
The successful freelancer will be proposed to collaborate on an on-going needs basis up to 20 hours per week.
The rate we are offering is competitive. Vistatec’s client is a world-renowned multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
The focus of this role is on English language terminology. You would be working onsite, liaising with product owners, project managers and other language specialists, making decisions on terminology, creating definitions, writing processes, training stakeholders, etc.
• BA/MA in Linguistics/Translation studies/Philology/Computational Linguistics, or other related Language Studies field.
• Must have experience working with terms/glossaries and will have worked with and/or studied term databases.
• Native-speaker level of English – will have lived in an English-speaking country.
• Extensive Translation/Localisation experience.
• Attentive to detail, strong communication skills, able to manage priorities.
• Interested in training and outreach activities.
• Advanced level of computer literacy.
• An interest in technology - particularly apps, websites and social media.
• Passion for excellent language quality standards.
• Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.