Our client is a very successful, global social media company with users in many countries across the world.
They now have a new opening for a Japanese Language Manager. If the candidate is not in the US already with a valid work permit, the role will initially be based in Singapore and then transferred to California after 12 months. Full relocation packages will be provided, including for the family.
As Language Manager for Japanese, you will be involved in ensuring that the company delivers a great user experience to their international audience through high quality translations. This is a full-time position. It is very important that the candidate be comfortable working with remote teams across different time zones.
- Translating and/or editing the site user interface, support, legal and marketing materials. There will be more QA work than translating.
- Supervising vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they delivery is as expected.
- Maintaining the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Working closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Monitoring and managing the activity of the community of volunteer translators.