ManpowerGroup Public Sector, a ManpowerGroup Company (NASDAQ: MAN), provides a full range of translation, transcription and interpreting services in 150 languages. We are located in Falls Church, VA and serve both government and commercial clients.
GOVERNMENT LINGUISTS - TRANSLATION & INTERPRETATION
We are seeking government linguists, US citizens, to work as translators and consecutive interpreters in Northern VA. Linguists with the following languages in addition to English are needed:
ARABIC and FRENCH, trilingual
ARABIC and TURKISH, trilingual
(1) Must be able to translate and perform consecutive interpretation between English and their langauge(s),
(2) Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires mobility and flexibility.
(3) Expertise in a variety of topics ranging from technical to political and military vocabulary required. Understanding of a variety of dialects/jargon is a plus.
(4) Translation work will require attention to detail and must meet high quality standards.
(5) The ability to work well in a team setting is paramount.
(6) Interpretation may include individual meetings or conference-type settings.
(7) Must be willing to relocate to/reside in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
(8) Linguists whose test results will be at the Primary level must be ready to travel overseas for short-term periods, potentially to areas of conflict. Linguists who will test at the Senior or Expert level will be assigned to travel duty according to their preference.
(9) Must be a US citizen.
RATE Compensation is based on experience. No relocation expenses are offered.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS To be considered, send your resume with the subject line:
(your last name, first name) (YOUR LANGUAGE) LINGUIST - TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION
To: govlanguage at experis dot com
In your email message, state (A) your desired salary and (B) your knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding each of the points above.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)