Vistatec [HIDDEN] is a leading localisation company, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Since 1997 we have been providing localisation solutions to some of the largest companies in the world. We provide our clients with global content solutions and we know that the people we partner with are our greatest asset, among them our team of talented linguists around the globe. We value our resources and always seek long-term collaboration with our linguists and have worked with most of them for several years.
We are currently looking for an experienced Swedish linguist to work in our client's office in Central Stockholm for 20 hours per week. This is continuous project work with no specified end date. The rate we’re offering is competitive. Our client is a world-renowned multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
Objective of role:
To lead a team of reviewers and shape the language used across all client’s projects, working closely with our client’s teams, carrying out linguistic review of content translated by translation vendors. This includes proofreading and correcting errors in the text, but goes further to include improving the overall readability of the Swedish text to ensure it reads fluently and naturally in your language. The on-site lead linguist would also be required to linguistically QA online products both on desktop and mobile devices provided in the office, ensuring that the text appears as it should.
- Native Swedish speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Swedish written language rules.
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language.
- BA/BSc in Translation, IT or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven experience as a translator/reviewer.
- Experience in Marketing/IT translation and familiar with localization rules.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Interested in technology - particularly apps, websites and social media in your native language.
- Passion for excellent language quality standards.
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.
- Experience in team leading
If you feel you would be a good match for this role and are interested in applying, please email your most recent English CV to Lorcan Ward at [HIDDEN] A qualification test will be required in order to proceed with the application process.