Seeking Technical Writer with Translation Industry Experience and Software Product Knowledge
Pairaphrase seeks a part-time technical writer with experience in the language translation space. The ideal candidate will have software product knowledge.
We will also consider applicants who have previously worked in a customer support role within the translation software space or as a technical translator.
Pairaphrase is a web-based productivity tool that makes the human translation process fast and easy. We use the power of machine translation and professional translation technology to reduce users’ translation production time by more than 50%.
Our core users are busy executives and teams that need to produce quality translations on behalf of their organizations in a secure manner. Pairaphrase has high standards for security and encrypts all user data.
You will transform complex ideas into simple language that our end users can understand. This is for the purposes of education and marketing.
Here are a few examples of your responsibilities:
• Writing and editing our help center content in a way that makes sense technically and educates users in our platform functionality
• Proofreading our blog posts to ensure they make technical sense in the way they describe our SaaS translation product
• Proofreading other content types that need to be technically validated
If you can concisely communicate concepts such as Gisting, Neural Machine Translation, .TMX files and WinAlign in ways that our end users will understand, we’d like to hear from you!
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Translation industry experience
• Technical software product knowledge
• Expansive knowledge of translation industry jargon
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English
• Excellent spelling, proofreading, grammar, and editing skills
• Self-driven, self-directed, and independent
• Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and organized
• Works well with others
It’s a bonus if you have experience working with Intercom, Slack and Trello and have technical API knowledge.
This is a part-time remote position (or onsite in Birmingham, Michigan).
Please email your resume and cover letter to [HIDDEN]